Friday, June 6, 2008

I have a weird effect on women

Most men would admit thay they would be pleased if multiple women dropped to their knees right in front of them. As I've been married for 11 years now, it hasn't happenned in a good way for quite a while. Umm, anyway back to the point.

Most of you know I work at a BFC (insert your own definition for the "F"), where the work can be mind-numblingly boring and start you staring at your screen like a second-grader trying to figure out the tip on a check. Such as instance occured twice while I was innocently not really paying attention and going about my day. The know-it-all who sits diagonally to me was explaining to someone how you can effectively make cheese that is safe for cats when - Boom! Down goes Frazier! Down goes Frazier! I look across from me and woman had tripped over her open bottom desk drawer and fell like a sack of bricks. It shook the floor and I was sure she was hurt. To her credit, she bounced back up like Rocky after being knocked down by Drago for the third or fourth time. After she said she was all right, I felt at ease to let out a laugh. Nothing sets off a big knee slapper like a woman almost knocking herself unconscious.

Ok, so a couple of weeks go by. I am still tickled by this first woman's fall, when - Crash! The woman behind this first woman who tripped goes down even harder. This woman is also older so this time I was sure she was hurt. But again, displaying the heart of a true champion, she got up and took her medicine. That medicine happenned to be dispensed by me in the form of a witty remark or two, which every once and a while needs a freshining. They are biding their time, waiting for me to trip and fall. Then, all hell will break loose. Let's hope that day never comes.

1 comment:

Nothing Knew said...

Aside from your oral fixation what exactly causes women to trip over office furniture in your presence? It is not your stunning good looks because none of our ilk has that curse.

(I think flannel in the early 90's horribly scarred us all.)